Quick Tips to winning the war against Cancer.
We are 10 days into the month of September, a month that has so much significance for all those affected by cancer in one way or another. It is a reminder of the irreplaceable void left behind by the angels in heaven. This month can trigger an abundance of emotions and may be hard to deal with, however, it is a reminder that we are stronger than we think.
So how do we stand up for this monster that is clearly victimizing all of us?
- An annual checkup for your little one goes a long way.
- Get information from the right people; your doctor and not google.
- Read journals and do research from certified medical publishers.
- Strive to lead a healthy lifestyle; less sugar, less processed foods, go organic if you have the resources, more exercise, and an active lifestyle for your little ones.
- The most underrated thing, ask for the side effects of all the medications you get while pregnant and after the baby is born.
- Learn your family history, you will be surprised by the amount of medical information you do not know. Remember cancers have a positive family history.
- Getting a good medical cover to help lighten the financial burden.
Do you know anyone affected by childhood cancer?
- Say a prayer for them.
- Offer them a shoulder to lean on.
- Encourage them to join cancer support groups. https://kenconetwork.org/ , UCan by the United Nations staff https://medical.unon.org/ucan these are excellent sources of information.
Being an insurer we feel the strain too, behind the screens as we underwrite, analyze and authorize those admissions, discharges, and radiotherapy sessions, we feel your pain and struggle and are here to support you through it all. Our special thoughts go out to all those battling this unseen monster! We join hands with you in the fight against cancer.
This information is for educational purposes only and should not be taken as professional advice, kindly seek professional guidance from certified medical personnel.
This article was written by the Healthcare Supervisor in charge of Wellness and Provider Management at Madison General Insurance Kenya.