SENIOR ACCOUNTANT – MADISON INVESTMENT MANAGERS
Madison Investment Managers Limited is a member of the Madison Group and is a leading Investment Management Company in Kenya. The Company is recruiting for the following position:
The Senior Accountant position will be located at the Company’s Head Office in Madison House. The position will report to the Chief Accountant and will work closely with other team members in order to maximize efficiency in the delivery of accounting service to our stakeholders.
- Supervising staff in the unit;
- Analyzing accounting information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital;
- Preparing financial statements and other reports to summarize current and projected financial position;
- Coordinating the implementation and maintenance of financial information systems to cover the general ledger, fixed asset management as well as revenue collection system;
- Implementing financial management system and procedures;
- Coordinating the preparation of payment vouchers, cheque books;
- Cashbook records, financial statements, and entries to monthly accounts;
- Coordinating reconciliation of general ledger control account with supplementary records, payroll processing, record keeping and accounting of security documents;
- Coordinating reconciliation of cash book and bank transactions, and reconciliation of assets register with the general ledger overseeing the proper maintenance, storage, and security of financial and accounting documents;
- Facilitating all company procurements and preparing statutory returns to ensure compliance with relevant authorities.
Qualifications, Experience, and Competencies
Qualified candidates are expected to possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- At least 5 years of post-graduate work experience in the Accounting profession, having worked as a Senior Accountant or equivalent position in the last year.
- Be a registered accountant with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK) Kenya;
- Excellent financial management and reporting skills
- Have knowledge of regulatory framework and requirements;
- Have demonstrated merit and professional competence as reflected in work performance;
- Unquestionable ethics and impeccable integrity;
- Good knowledge of information and communication technology and computerized management & financial systems;
- Well-organized and able to multitask and meet deadlines;
- Excellent inter & intrapersonal skills including diplomacy & fairness;
- Excellent judgment in analyzing data and information;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Supervisory skills.
- A master’s degree or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
Candidates with the required qualifications, experience and competencies who wish to apply for the above position are required to forward their applications with their CVs, copies of relevant certificates and details of current remuneration to the Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 17th February 2020.
Assistant Business Development Manager (Life)
The position will be located at the Company’s Head Office in Madison House and will report to the Managing Director. The Digital Branch Manager will execute the agreed strategies in order to achieve digital branch revenue and profitability targets.
ASSISTANT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (INSTITUTIONAL BUSINESS) – MADISON INVESTMENT MANAGERS
Nairobi, Kenya/Full Time
Madison Investment Managers Limited is a member of the Madison Group and is a leading Investment Management Company in Kenya. The Company is recruiting for the following position: The Assistant Business Development Manager- Institutional Business position will be located at the Company’s Head Office in Madison House. It will report to the Business Development Manager […]
Assistant Business Development Manager- Retail Medical Business
We are looking at recruiting talented Assistant Business Development Manager to work in the Retail Medical business.Reporting to the Business Development Manager – Medical, the successful applicant will assist in implementing the sales process to attract new retail clients (Individuals, Families and SMEs) through the various channels such as directly, in-house sales team, intermediaries among others and maintain fruitful relationships with those clients, intermediaries by address their needs effectively.
(Nairobi, Thika, Nyeri, Meru, Nakuru, Eldoret, Kisumu or Mombasa)/Full Time
We are looking at recruiting talented medical insurance unit managers in the following regions: Nairobi, Thika, Nyeri, Meru, Nakuru, Eldoret, Kisumu and Mombasa. The team will be report to The Business Development Manager.
Supervisor Corporate and public sector business unit
Reporting to the Head of Corporate & Public Sector Business Unit, the successful applicant will assist in implementing the sales process to attract new corporate & public sector clients through insurance brokers, maintain fruitful relationships with those brokers and address their needs effectively. This is in efforts of ensuring that the department realizes its core mandate of meeting the company’s strategic objectives of business growth, profitability, increased market share and customer centricity.