Madison Money Market Fund Daily Yield: 14.04% Effective Annual Yield: 14.98% Madison Fixed Income Fund Daily Yield: 14.08% Effective Annual Yield: 15.03% Madison Wealth Fund Weekly Average Daily Yield: 14.08% Weekly Average Effective Annual Yield: 15.03%
Madison Group Limited operates through two insurance subsidiaries in life and general businesses and an Investment management subsidiary, all based at the Group Headquarters in Upper Hill, Madison House, Nairobi.
Reporting to the Group Internal Audit Manager, the Senior Supervisor–Internal Audit must be a self-driven person who will be responsible for conducting financial audits of the Group, preparing audit reports and highlighting issues relating to internal controls and risk management.
The individual must possess in-depth knowledge and capabilities to be able to execute audit assignments whilst bringing systematic approach to examine and evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of Group’s risk management processes, internal control systems and recommend corrective actions, improve efficiency and reduce operational costs where possible.
Duties and responsibilities
- Planning and scoping of annual and ad hoc audits in liaison with the head of department.
- Monitor and evaluate key processes as appropriately identified in the risk assessment during assignment planning. Identify internal controls issues for key risk processes in a timely manner to proactively avert losses;
- Preparing detailed audit planning memoranda, audit programs and procedures for each audit assignment.
- Ensure successful completion of assigned/planned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning, fieldwork and reporting;
- Perform audit procedures to verify the implementation and effectiveness of controls through testing and interacting with the relevant personnel within the Group;
- Prepare and submit timely, quality audit reports; engage in meetings with management and departmental heads and advise on improvements;
- Constantly monitor if the audit recommendations have been implemented by the management by way of follow- up audits and report on any gaps observed;
- Participate in providing quality assurance in technology acquisition, implementation and sign off projects.
- Conduct ad-hoc/ special investigations and reviews as assigned from time to time.
- Review and recommend revisions to audit procedures manual to enhance efficiency and promote continuous improvement.
- Acquire knowledge (professional development) on the developments related to the internal audit profession’s laws, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and audit standards.
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned.
Key Competencies Required
- Strong analytical skills with ability to pay attention to details;
- Ability to observe and understand business processes and derive actionable insights
- Self-driven individual with ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism;
- Ability to effectively manage and deliver to strict deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Actuarial Science or a related field
- CPA (K) or ACCA qualification;
- At least 4 years relevant experience.
- Possession of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) Certifications is an added advantage.
- Excellent Computer skills with hands on experience in Excel and Audit Software (e.g. ACL, CaseWare IDEA, SQL, TeamMate).
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their applications including comprehensive C.Vs to the Group Human Resources Manager through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Role as the Subject of the email and not later than 12 th February, 2024.