Who We Are
Madison Investment Managers Limited is a fund manager, licensed by both the Capital Markets Authority (“CMA”) and the Retirement Benefits Authority (‘RBA”) to offer fund management services in Kenya.
As at 31st December 2014, Madison Investment Managers managed investments amounting to over Kshs 3.5 billion belonging to retail clients, pension funds, other institutions and high net worth individuals.
The Company is part of the Madison Group Limited, which includes Madison Insurance Company Kenya Limited; one of the leading Insurance Companies in Kenya. The ultimate shareholding of the Madison Group Limited consists of some 60 individual Kenyans and locally incorporated institutions.
Madison Investment Managers was incorporated in 2001 and registered by the RBA, as a fund manager, in the same year. Since 2001, the Company has been actively involved in pension fund management and managed pension investments amounting to over Kshs 6.0 billion as at 31st December, 2016.
Madison Investment Managers Re-organization
Between 2008 and 2010 Madison Investment Managers underwent a major reorganization:
- In December 2008, the Company was reconstituted as an independent Company with its own Board of Directors. Prior to this, Madison Investment Managers was a subsidiary of the Madison Insurance.
- In addition to the Retirement Benefits Authority (‘RBA”) license, the Company was licensed by the Capital Markets Authority (“CMA”) as a Fund Manager in 2009;
- The Company implemented appropriate IT systems tailored to meet the needs of investment management and Unit Trust Administration;
- In January 2010 the Company moved to its new ultra modern offices on the 2nd Floor of Madison insurance House;
- In December 2010 the Madison Investment Managers Unit Trusts were licensed by the CMA
- In January 2011, the Company started to sell its Unit Trusts to the public
- The Company has recently introduced tailor made products for various potential investors through its Private Wealth management services