Madison Asset Management Services Limited (Madison Asset) was incorporated in 2001 and is engaged in the business of rendering investment advisory and investment management services. We are licensed as a Fund Manager, by both the Capital Markets Authority (“CMA”) pursuant to the provisions of the Capital Markets Act, Chapter 485A of the Laws of Kenya, and the Retirement Benefits Authority (‘RBA”) pursuant to the provisions of the Retirement Benefits Act, Act 3 of 1997.
We are a subsidiary of the Madison Group Limited. The other two subsidiaries are Madison General Insurance Kenya Limited and Madison Insurance Company Kenya Limited, leading insurance companies in Kenya.
We are seeking to recruit experienced, dynamic, innovative and high caliber individuals to fill the position of Investment Advisor – Unit Trust Funds ( 3 positions) to be based in Nairobi. The main role of the position is to sell Unit Trusts Investment solutions to clients.
This position reports to the Relationship Manager – Unit Trust Funds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Product Sales: Sell to clients Unit Trust Products.
- Budget Delivery: Meet and exceed exciting and aggressive Sales Budgets
- Pipeline Development : Continual pipeline development for sales conversion
- Investment Advisory: Use financial acumen and investment expertise to review a client's personal data, align clients need through superior service, seamlessly align service delivery for enhanced experience; thereby helping the client to reach his short term and long term investment goals
- Relationship Management: Sign-in, manage and retain clients and maintain a strong customer service
- Work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment within an entrepreneurial culture that offers minimum supervision.
- Attend departmental events and meetings and also Company events and meetings.
- Collate Industry information on the product offerings by competitors in order to participate in products development to meet the evolving client needs.
- Cross Sell other Company products: i.e. Wealth Management Products and Pension Products.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university
- An appropriate qualification/ training in sales and marketing
- Minimum Two Years sales experience in the financial services sector e.g. bank, insurance companies, fund manager, stock brokers etc.
- Proven experience and success in selling financial services products experience of selling unit trust investment products would be an added advantage.
- A good working knowledge of financial markets and financial products
- A high sales drive and a strong will to succeed.