Madison Money Market Fund: Daily Yield: 10.44% Effective Annual Yield: 11.00%
Madison Investment Managers Limited is a member of the Madison Group and is a leading investment management Company in Kenya licensed by the Capital Markets Authority and the Retirement Benefits Authority. The Company is recruiting for the following position:
The Accountant position will be located at the Company’s Head Office. The role reports to the Senior Accountant and will be responsible in assisting in the effective running of the Finance Department. This will involve the following key responsibilities.
Key responsibilities for the position are as hereunder:
- Update of the general ledgers;
- Preparation of the Fund accounts and commentary;
- Bank reconciliations;
- Preparing statutory returns: VAT, Withholding taxes etc;
- Payables: recording and settlement;
- Receivables: Income accounting, billing and collection.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
Qualified candidates are expected to possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business field and completed Part III of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPAK) Examination or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be registered with Institute of Public Accountants (ICPAK) Kenya;
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process;
- Excellent accounting software user skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills;
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards;
- Have knowledge of regulatory frameworks and requirements;
- Unquestionable ethics and impeccable integrity;
- Well-organized and able to multitask and meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and
- Excellent oral and written communication.
Candidates with the required qualifications, experience and competencies who wish to apply for the above position are required to forward their applications together with their CVs, copies of relevant certificates and details of current remuneration to email@example.com not later than 31st March 2023.